Gas pipes in concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am having a new boiler installed at the moment. My gas safe registered plumber is running 28mm copper pipes to the gas meter to feed the new boiler.

The pipes are going to be covered in concrete in some places and skreed in others. The pipes are covered with Yellow Gas tape.

Does this all sound correct? I had thought that copper pipes in concrete was a bad thing, and that the pipes could maybe decay over time?

Is their anything I should check?

Sponsored Links
Hi, I am having a new boiler installed at the moment. My gas safe registered plumber is running 28mm copper pipes to the gas meter to feed the new boiler.

The pipes are going to be covered in concrete in some places and skreed in others. The pipes are covered with Yellow Gas tape.

Does this all sound correct? I had thought that copper pipes in concrete was a bad thing, and that the pipes could maybe decay over time?

Is their anything I should check?

Before burying a copper gas pipe in concrete my first choice would be a roll of factory sheathed copper, second would be pipe wrapped in denso tape.

Wrapped in yellow gas tape? :eek: :confused:

Are you sure it's rapped in yellow tape and not coated in yellow plastic straight from the factory.

Sponsored Links
How would prices compare between coated copper tube & Trac pipe?

I buy 25m coil of DN25 with fittings for less than I buy a bundle of 28mm copper for let alone coated ;)

That was my thought GS. The down side of this more economic route is the flow rates on Trac is pizz poor in comparison to copper tube.
Ignore what they tell you in charts, Trac in situ is crap when dealing with flow rates & pressure drops, so be warned!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back