Gas rate to see if meter is to small

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, can anyone help me I went to a care home yesterday and found they have a R5 meter supplying 3 boilers, 2 ovens, a cooker, hob and a tumble drier. I timed 1 revolution on the test dial all in seconds:

Boiler 1: 30.4,
Boiler 2: 48.8,
Boiler 3: 65.5,
Cooker: 105.5,
Oven 1: 363.8,
Oven 2: 358.5,
Hob: 105.5,
Tumble drier: 135.7

I would like to know gas rates and the consumption per hour in m3. I think the meter delivers 6 m3 per hour.

Can anyone help please

Sponsored Links
10 kw of input (gross ) 9 kw nett will burn approx 1 cubic metre of gas an hour !

So if you add up all your inputs of the appliance on data badge ( new er appliances will be in nett ) than that will tell you the gas consumption

How ever , ( there is always an however ) there is a diversity factor or calculation ?? that needs to be factored in , as in certain circumstances all gas appliances are not or will not be used simultaneously ! so there fore you could have in practice an over loaded meter but when diversity is factored in , it isn't ! does that make sense ?? ( probably not )

Different appliances have a different diversity number !

Sponsored Links
maybe he´s a resident and took the wrong turn trying to find his bed space.

or let us know which home,just in case i have relatives there, i may need to find them new accomadation.

Hello, can anyone help me I went to a care home yesterday and found they have a R5 meter supplying 3 boilers, 2 ovens, a cooker, hob and a tumble drier. I timed 1 revolution on the test dial all in seconds:

Boiler 1: 30.4,
Boiler 2: 48.8,
Boiler 3: 65.5,
Cooker: 105.5,
Oven 1: 363.8,
Oven 2: 358.5,
Hob: 105.5,
Tumble drier: 135.7

I would like to know gas rates and the consumption per hour in m3. I think the meter delivers 6 m3 per hour.

Can anyone help please

just lash it in with 4"" black iron :rolleyes:

No Kev,1/2 inch garden hose.

if you bridge the meter then it cant be too small. ;)

The "R5" you quote is not the size of the meter!!!
Look for a "U" Numbner such as U40, U65 etc etc this will give the capacity
hasn't anyone taught you how to measure pressure & flow??? :eek: :eek: - I'd go back to your day job if I were you :rolleyes: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back