Gas supply to Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm considering having my electric hob replaced with a gas one.

My kitchen is L shaped with the boiler on one side and the hob on the other, it also has a concrete floor. I'm wondering if I get someone out to do the job will they have to remove the kichen units or is it acceptable to lay the gas pipe on the floor behind the plinths.

I'll put up with the electric one rather than have the kitchen ripped out.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its not good practice to just lay pipes on the floor.Is it not possibe to fit a batten to the undersde of the cupboards so you could then clip the pipes off the floor?

Its not good practice to just lay pipes on the floor.Is it not possibe to fit a batten to the undersde of the cupboards so you could then clip the pipes off the floor?

I'm sure something like that could be done, as long as all the cupboards don't need to be taken out, thanks.

remember that your extractor may also need raising for safe clearance 760mm from burner to exctractor iirc. why not save the expense of running new gas and invest instead in a nice induction hob. even better performance than gas and cleaner.

Sponsored Links
remember that your extractor may also need raising for safe clearance 760mm from burner to exctractor iirc. why not save the expense of running new gas and invest instead in a nice induction hob. even better performance than gas and cleaner.

Thanks for that, I certainly will give that some thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back