GAS TUMBLE DRYERS....PRICE RIP OFF...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
domestic tumble dryers,looking around you can not buy another make. white knight,crosslee seem to have it all sawn up. there is no competition crosslee have the monopoly. 300 pound + for gas....120 for electric. and they say it's cheaper to run a gas dryer...well not nowadays with the price hikes ..
So come on crosslee play the game.

tumble dryers are basically the same, they have their thermostats ,their motors , their drums ,etc. so why charge 200 + for a piece of metal pipe with two solonoids attached to a small burning chamber..it's profiteering at it's highest level....

Sponsored Links
Not exactly the place to post that, but they are not very popular in the UK hence the low availability and limited manufacturers

By the way White Knight and Crosslee are the same company (Crosslee) and are an OEM for a lot of other companys as well.

They are definately not "Basically the same" they might look the same and have the same function but thats it.

Take off the outer casing and they are worlds apart.

They are definately not "Basically the same" they might look the same and have the same function but thats it.

Take off the outer casing and they are worlds apart.

Well if you can persuade me to belief that...one as a small burner with 2 solonoids...the other as a heating element...i suppose if your talking about more tocs or a more complicated pcb...i'll give in.

Sponsored Links
I have had a gas tumble dryer for the past 20 years & use it regularly. I am on my second dryer now & believe me it gets alot of use. I hardly ever put any washing outside. My first dryer lasted approx 11 years & yes they are more expensive to buy but are definately loads cheaper to run than an electric dryer. I recently went into a large high street electrical supplier & a member of staff there had never heard of them & I guess that is quite common judging by how many are sold in the UK.

Apparently they are very popular in the USA & tumble dryers in launderettes are gas powered. Buy one when you need a replacement & you won't be disappointed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back