gas turned off - unable to restart central heating

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
doitall said:
I would be more concern about my little boy playing with live appliances including the gas meter whatever the case maybe.

Completely irresponsible :( :(
What a ridiculous post :rolleyes:

There are no gas supply or boiler controls that are dangerous for a small boy to operate. Regretful? Certainly. Irresponsible? Not in the least.

In your opinion maybe, but still another irrelevant post. :rolleyes:

raden said:
Such as ?

How about lots of 240v electrical components for starters.

or causing a gas leak with his spanner.

Apart from all the sharp edges

doitall said:
He managed to turn the gas of softus :eek:
Well, turning the gas off is what a gas cock is for. Do you know what happens when you turn off the supply? That's right - nothing happens. :rolleyes:

doitall said:
Now you obviously haven't look inside a boiler or you would know there are lots of bits that can kill a small child without even trying to hard.
Oh, I've looked inside many boilers, and whilst there are lots of sharp bits, and wires too, you generally have to remove the boiler housing to get to these. I don't remember seeing anything small and removable that a small child could swallow, or polythene bags that he could get over his head, or any deep water that he could drown in, or....

doitall said:
So best to shut up and post what you know about.
You would be wise to take your own advice.

Sponsored Links
gas leak with a spanner comes under abject stupidity

Mains electrical parts are insulated (the pcb has a perspex top on it, connections are shrouded)

sharp edges ? ... smacks of desperation to me

Can I assume then that Softus (read stupid) allows his small children to play around inside a live appliance with a tool kit, How about the tv softus. whip the back off for him and then you can watch him at the same time. could be quite entertaining.

Stupid beyong belief, irresponsible, next add Manslaughter, anyone reading this can make their own mind up.

doitall said:
Can I assume then that Softus (read stupid) allows his small children to play around inside a live appliance with a tool kit...
Go ahead - assume that I'm stupid if it pleases you. This face, as they are given to say, is not bothered.

What is so WRONG about a little boy turning the gas off?

Selling him to cockle traders...well...thats not so good.

But hey, no electric shocks from a rogue cockle eh.

Gas is meant to be turned off as are boilers designed to be safe (which they are to small boys)

doitall......donowtallelsbutshutupanall.

You imbesile.

David

MOD 2

pack it in the lot of you or i WILL press the button you wanna scrap take it elswhere ;)

Push the bloody button then Mod2

My advice is you remove all or most of this topic anyway.

I cannot believe how bloody stupid these moron are

Lets hope their young children survive to be adult with more brains.

MOD 2, you may be considering locking this topic, but I'd ask you not to delete it because it has some useful content lurking amongst the insults.

What I'm referring to is the debate about whether or not a small boy could do something dangerous wrt to a gas cock in a supply to a gas appliance, and whether or not it's irresponsible of a parent to allow enough freedom for that child to turn off the gas cock.

Clearly, some believe that there's enormous danger, and that the parent is criminally negligent, and others don't subscribe to that view.

MOD 2

i agree i don't mind the debate as well you know i don't like the backbiting

keep it civil (all of you including jd ) and it stays

DIA, be aware that Softus is NOT CORGI registered but nevertheless thinks that he should be looking inside boilers and installing and repairing them. It seems he has got a tame ( and foolish ) registered person who signs them off for him.

Clearly, this young boy has been allowed access to gas controls and has apparently been fiddling with them. Many people consider that protecting young children is paramount.

Tony

Mmmmmmm........ :confused: must mean that the gas meter is @ a low level :idea: I had one that got turned off in a cupd. by something falling onto the lever :oops: Pre-CORGI, of course when I actually and competently did gas work.That`s when I formulated my opinion of gas fitters and rubber prophylactics :eek: Not that any of you give a **** what I think :cry: :cry:.....I would not encourage my small child to access cupboards with equiptment in .....but then I wouldn`t let them dig a big hole in a sandy beach and stand in it.....they have been known to collapse and kill the occupants

Agile said:
...be aware that Softus is NOT CORGI registered...
I've never said, or pretended, that I'm CORGI registered, either on this topic or anywhere else.

Agile said:
...but nevertheless thinks that he should be looking inside boilers and installing and repairing them.
I've never said that I think I should be looking inside boilers. As with all work that I undertake, I act within the boundary of safety and of the law.

Agile said:
It seems he has got a tame ( and foolish ) registered person who signs them off for him.
This is in your imagination Agile. I don't do any work that requires me to be CORGI registered, and when a job requires such work a CORGI engineer undertakes it directly, and he's neither tame nor foollish.

Agile said:
Clearly, this young boy has been allowed access to gas controls and has apparently been fiddling with them.
Since it's so clear to you Agile, please explain exactly to which controls you believe that the boy had access, and provide your definition of fiddling in this scenario.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back