Gasket sealants

JM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure this is the right forum section - perhaps someone could move if not.

I've a Karcher pressure washer that leaks a bit under hose pressure and jets out a fine stream under power pressure. I've got this all apart, no visible damage, o rings and seals *look* good and I can't see any hairline cracks in the plastic. Karcher don't want to know at all! (they'll sell me parts, a replacement pump or a complete unit) and have given up.

Now it isn't easy faulty these things as it all needs to go together to test - then I can't see where the leak is! As it has now been on the bench too long I'm up for trying something more drastic.

I think I know roughly where it leaking (pump pressure housing) can anyone recommend a sealant that will work under strong pressure when cured - I intend rebuilding (again) with something on the mating surfaces - sorry to mislead, there are no gaskets in sight.

Sponsored Links
J - pop into your local motor factor (car spares shop) and ask for a tube of liquid gasket (Loctite do one, as do others). This stuff is thinly applied on mating surfaces to achieve gas/liquid seal when the two parts are bolted together. It's a good solution for re-builds, often on obsolete engines & pumps, when gaskets are no longer available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back