Karcher K2 pressure washer and snow foam lance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had my karcher K2 pressure washer for many years now. I used to use it with a karcher snow foam Lance to wash the car and used to work well. I bought a more professional foam Lance bottle and the karcher has been sitting in storage for over a year. Ive moved home and the garden tap pressure isn't wow but water flows. I'm able to run a hose and get it spraying water. So I connected the karcher to this tap and tried just jet spraying first and the pressure output seemed really really weak. I'm sure in the past the pressure was very strong. So I put snow foam solution and mixed with cold water and on the Lance i set it to as high as possible foam setting. When I turned it on I just got a little soapy water. Literally mainly all water and the snow foam bottle just emptied in few seconds and this bottle was full of about 900ml of solution and no snow foam.

Could my garden tap pressure cause this? Sure if there is a good flow of water going into the karcher, the karcher should be able to create the pressure shouldn't it? From what I've read you are even supposed to be able to run the karcher from water butts and surely pressure input isn't that important. As long as water goes in continuously shouldn't it be able to create pressure? Is something wrong with the karcher or the foam Lance? I doubt it's the foam Lance because it's a new product. When I used to use my previous karcher snow lance, even being a small bottle you could spray it for a good while before it empties the bottle.

Any advice would be much appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links
Does your machine give an initial burst of pressure and then pack in?
I would suggest the incoming pressure / volume is too low.....never use one of those flat or coiled hoses to run these machines, also check for no hose kinks or blocked filters in the line.
Best to check it on another water supply before submitting it for repair!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back