Karcher pressure washer k 3.500, water pressure pushes hose off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My dad has a karcher pressure washer that has previously worked but every time he now tries, when he pushes the hose into the connector he can hear it click in, but when the water/pressure is turned on, it comes off.
I've read posts online about this being a common issue and the clip can become loose and need replacing, but on my model i can't see a clip unless it is inside the push fit connector. I also can't see how to remove the push fit connector.

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210321-171442_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210321-171442_WhatsApp.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot_20210321-171426_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210321-171426_WhatsApp.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 339
Sponsored Links
it maybe the washer / connector - dirty - give it a good clean , Also check the little clips inside the connector itself , again may have grit in
I have one of the connectors that will not stay on the washer and had to change the part on the hose - BUT i have the same hozlock on my outside taps and it did the same on those as well

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/hozelock-connector-blowing-off.438589/

Hi
My dad has a karcher pressure washer that has previously worked but every time he now tries, when he pushes the hose into the connector he can hear it click in, but when the water/pressure is turned on, it comes off.
I've read posts online about this being a common issue and the clip can become loose and need replacing, but on my model i can't see a clip unless it is inside the push fit connector. I also can't see how to remove the push fit connector.

Any help appreciated!
Think you misunderstood the clip references which are for the high pressure hose not the inlet hose.
If it’s popping off it’s often a worn a cheap hose connection which just needs replacing . Though they look identical I have found some of the cheap connection are not the exact size required.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Any help appreciated!
Hi, I hope you hope fixed it. I had the same problem with my Karcher K3.550 the plastic surrounding the connection into the machine had slipped up a bit so the fitting wouldn't fit in all the way. I put the metal bit in a vice and tapped the plastic cover back with a adjustable spanner and a hammer. Then I fitted a jubilee clip around the plastic bit to prevent it from slipping again. Not a problem since.
Well that is till today when my machine stopped working and now just buzzes.....I have ordered a new 32uf capacitor.

The new 32uf capacitor fixed my buzzing problem. The machine works perfectly once more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back