Karcher Pressure washer advice sought...

ame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to buy a pressure washer.
I was thinking of a Karcher.
Looking to spend £100-150

mainly to be used for cleaning around garden and cars

I need to use the washer about 20 metres from the water tap, do you use your hose pipe in conjuntion with the pressure washer?

What water pressure do I need?

Can anyone recommend a model?
I think argos are doing some good deals at the minute but not sure which to get.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Robert dyas are doing a good package for £100 which includes the
T- racer patio cleaning head and yes you use the hose inconjunction with the washer.
Normal mains pressure from the tap should be adequate.

I picked up a brilliant Karcher pressure washer about 3 years ago. I think it's a 210 series, from the days before they started to look like upright vacuum cleaners. I paid £30 for it from a dealer at a car boot sale and (touch wood) it's never let me down. I use it for pressure washing the drive and patio.

Providing your mains cold water pressure is not abnormally low it will work fine.

Sponsored Links
personally I don't find them any good for washing the cars - yes, it blows mud off but it doesn't really clean the grime - a sponge and soapy water does that. But great for patios and decks (do easy on the deck timber though)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back