Gate build question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I would like to have a gate installed to my driveway. Due to limited space I would like it to run on a track that opens and closes around the perimeter of the side walls.

Who should I go to for quotes ? I've fired out a few emails to companies but have not had much in the way of returns. Garage door companies seem to only offer set pieces and I've contacted a few metalworkers but they seem unable to help without a complete design which I can't give.
Any thoughts or advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
So you are looking at a garage 'roller' door that doesn't actually roll up but folds around a bend, and you want it to bend in the vertical plane instead of the horizontal plane?
I know you can get storage cupboards with these type of doors, (usually called Tambour doors), so I imagine there may be someone out there who could design/manufacture a bespoke one but a lot would also depend on what you want it made from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back