Gate posts.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a concrete driveway and plan to put some gates up, my question is.......

Before breaking the concrete out for the posts, do i need to cut through the concrete with a stihl saw first to prevent any cracking etc, or can i just break it out??

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Best to use a angle grinder to cut in deep into the concrete (square shape) then break out the concrete gently.

You could consider these dependinh upon size and weight of the gate, they will save you hours of hard work breaking out the concrete.

Sponsored Links
dont know how much it would cost, but some comapnies will drill a hole through concrete for you. (seen some today on cental reservation doing just that)

i remember years ago, where i was working another contactor was trying to get through a concrete floor to the floor below, some one suggested a local (to us ) company they did a nice neat job in about 30 mins clean hole through the concrete, it was cheaper than paying a navy to smash concrete and repair damage afterwards, and obviously it looked neater

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back