Gate valve or stopcock handle missing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon

I will need to turn the hot water off whilst fitting a new cloakroom suite. I tried to locate an isolation valve from o the cold supply to the tank, and it looks like it's this which has no handle.

Looking at the pic, can anyone advise what sort of handle is required? I'm guessing a gate valve head - any advice appreciated.

Regards
Graham

Attachments

• 20170305_144102.jpg
    20170305_144102.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 622
Sponsored Links
It looks like someone has been using grips to operate it, so a new head may slip around the damaged spindle anyway. It would be better to replace the whole valve. You can get one for about £6, or if it's just for isolation a ball valve, the type with an operating lever for even less.

Thanks. I've ordered a new one, will try replacing the handle first if that doesn't work I'll replace the whole thing.

Looks like it will leak water if turned on and off.
Maybe take a moment and see if any other isolation valves are needed around your house,so do them all at same time when water is off,drained.

Sponsored Links
Yea. Change for full bore lever valve. cgeap gate valves have a tendency to snap on the gate when trying to open. Leaving you with 25 Gallons of water in a CWS with no draw off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back