Gauge for Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya guys

I'm looking to double check the gauge for the roof tiles - Tiles are Redland Double Landmark pantile

First batton is on @ 300mm from fascia board, allowing to hangover 50mm for gutter

Top batton on 30mm from ridge - 20mm Nib + 10mm for extra

Distance between these battons is 2650mm

I think it works out @ 9 tiles up (roof is 3m)

9 tiles up divided by the max gauge from redland would be - gauge of 295mm?

This sound about right?

Oh, max gauge from redland is 318mm

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Most concrete interlocking tiles rely upon a headlap cover of between 75mm and 100mm depending upon roof pitch and texture of the tile (smooth or granular).

What you have suggested sounds ok and if you do happen exceed a greater headlap than 100mm then don't worry too much as a little more won't hurt so long as it is not affecting the lie of the tiles.

However, you may find that plastic dry verge will only work in the tolerances set at 75mm (minimum) to 100mm (mxaimum) headlap gauge.

Hiya

Cheers for the reply

Managed to work out no probs :D Seems to be fine, I got a copy of the Tech Data sent to me today

The gauge worked out 331.4 all the way up and headlap is 85.5

Max allowed was 125 and min was 75.. Roof pitch was 30 so it worked out well..

Not using dry verge, decided to go with cloaked to match neighbours house

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
your gauge depends on your roof pitch, below 17.5 degrees 318mm top to top battens, 22.5 deg & over 343mm top to top battens. Straight out of redland brochure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back