Apex porch roof help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've created apex roof on new porch

I'm currently tiling the roof using sandtoft double roman tiles.

I've left 2 inch overhang into gutter.

I've deducted 30mm from ridge. Ive laid the first batten at bottom. Maximum headlap allowed is 120mm at batten gauge of 30cm.

Im getting gauge of 27.3cm headlap of 147mm headlap.

Total row of tiles is 5. The bottom tile can't be moved down any further.

Will I have problem fitting dry verge and what is the solution so it can work.

@noseall any help appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi

I've created apex roof on new porch

I'm currently tiling the roof using sandtoft double roman tiles.

I've left 2 inch overhang into gutter.

I've deducted 30mm from ridge. Ive laid the first batten at bottom. Maximum headlap allowed is 120mm at batten gauge of 30cm.

Im getting gauge of 27.3cm headlap of 147mm headlap.

Total row of tiles is 5. The bottom tile can't be moved down any further.

Will I have problem fitting dry verge and what is the solution so it can work.

@noseall any help appreciated

Thanks
Sounds to me like you could easily get another course of tiles in there and still be within permitted head-lap...?

What's the pitch of the roof?

Sounds to me like you could easily get another course of tiles in there and still be within permitted head-lap...?

What's the pitch of the roof?

42 degrees.

If it helps the second batten of the bottom to top batten has a gap of 82cm. Definately can't get another course of tiles in.

Total 5 courses of tiles at the headlap of 147mm which is 27mm more than manufacture max.

Sandtoft double roman tiles.

42 degrees.

If it helps the second batten of the bottom to top batten has a gap of 82cm. Definately can't get another course of tiles in.

Total 5 courses of tiles at the headlap of 147mm which is 27mm more than manufacture max.

Sandtoft double roman tiles.
Sorry, meant to say lose a course of tiles!

Sponsored Links
147 is nearly double recommended minimum gauge. You could afford to pinch 72mm from each course. Surely this is enough to lose a course, even on a short run?

I doubt you'll find dry verge units that will work over such a compressed gauge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back