Gauze washers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The bar shower I'm fitting came with these fitted on the inlets but they're domed which means I'm going to have to cut the pipe ever so short. I'd rather use flat ones so anyone fitting thicker tiles in future isn't forced to re-do all the pipework but I can't see anywhere to buy them on the high street and I'm desperate to get it all finished. Anyone know where is likely to have them?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Nope, not something that I've seen in the merchants, can't you just turn them around? Even then surely they only protrude a mill or 2 and as they're domed then do they not sit inside the fitting rather than foul the pipe? Even then all they would do compress the filter a little.

Never seen them as being an issue, what fittings are being used?

Thanks for reply, I decided just to get rid of the mesh because sadly (or not so sadly) there is another, integral straining mesh immediately behind where each one sits so they can only go that way round. The valve only cost £25 so I figured I'd chance it. Maybe I'm just blessed but I've never really come across any particles in tap water anyway, and they're not going to stop scale.

They came with the valve itself and are meant to sit in the hot and cold inlets (3/4")

They actually protrude(d) an indecent amount, i.e. the difference between being able to have ~4mm of spare pipe beyond the olives and ~10mm, which might not sound like much but it was pretty awkward to mark where I needed to cut the pipe and then it's a bit hit and miss getting the cutter on the line, and I couldn't bank on being and to nibble an extra mm or two off. Think all should be OK :cool:

Sponsored Links
Yeah, those are just the sealing washers for the coupler that have integrated filters, some have an inner filter some don't. Always best to have filters fitted, just ask the people whose Mega Unvented cylinder's internal baffle has started to break down. Any grit or grime etc getting through can really stuff up the thermo valves and some are pretty expensive.

Not sure if these are any good?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back