Washer for Close Coupled cistern

DNJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a leak from a close coupled cistern on a savoy toilet. All the howto's I've seen replace the donut washer with a lovely domed washer which fits snuggly into a domed recess in the bowl. My bowl doesn't have that, it's pretty flat. As a result if I put a 1.5" donut in it the cistern sits too high by about 10mm, wobbles all over the place and the back screw holes no longer line up. The install is through tile, so I really don't want to have to re-drill!

I ended up shaving some height of the donut washer and surprise surprise 1 week later the leak is back! What alternatives to the donut have people had success with? The internal syphon washer is fine so it's definitely this bit that's the problem...

Thanks for reading

Attachments

• IMG_20220610_194924.jpg
    IMG_20220610_194924.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 108
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks all. You weren't to know, but I have tried some of these. The euroflo was too wide, the donut kit was too tall (that's the one I ended up shaving). The amazon option looks interesting, maybe I'll try that next.

The one I removed felt like a foamy product rather than rubber and was mashed out of recognition! But it looked like at one point or other it was flat...

Bizarre that it's non standard, it's a pretty commonplace bog!

Old one. Foamy!

Attachments

• 16555583056094555846568274826836.jpg
    16555583056094555846568274826836.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Bizarre that it's non standard, it's a pretty commonplace bog!
I haven’t heard of Savoy until today, and it appears to be a bath store type? Are the internals made by Siamp at all?

Have a look here.

Good shout (y). Have used these myself.

@DNJ try this, or they have the washer on its own. If you’re really stuck contact them, they’re pretty knowledgeable.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Remove box.
After fitting new parts fill with water and test for leaks before fitting.
That eliminates some of the possible leak points

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back