Gaxaly g2-20 & Pyronix Twin Alert Internal Sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. First time poster here.
I have a galaxy g2-20 Alarm panel that I wish to add the Pyronix twin alert sounder to it from here https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk...yronix-twin-alert-internal-sounder-p-345.html

I found this wiring diagram of it attached.

I have full engineer access to it.

I’m trying to work out the correct way to wire it in and looking for some pointers.

I’m so far presuming:

the sounder To g2-20
12+ To 12v + aux
12- To 12v- aux
Spk. To Loud speaker neg
Ba. to ?????
T. To ???
T. To ??

Would like any direction how to wire in the tamper and BA.

Thank in advance

Attachments

• F5F8301D-929B-49E6-95D0-9504F3009C14.jpeg
    F5F8301D-929B-49E6-95D0-9504F3009C14.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 578
  • 2F0CD541-E7B9-40CC-B20E-CFA6D662D392.png
    2F0CD541-E7B9-40CC-B20E-CFA6D662D392.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 752
Sponsored Links
Ba goes to bell trip ....the bell icon on the sab block bottom left the tamper goes to a zone via a 1 k resistor if you have a spare zone

I haven’t opened it up in ages but I’m presuming the bell outside is already in the bell icon? Is so I just tee in with it?

The other connections are as I said?

I do have spare zones but not sure I’m really too bothered about a tamper for this so I could just leave it unwired?

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

If I was to wire the BA in to the strobe symbol input would that mean the sounder would still carry on past the bell time until the alarm was cleared.

@sparkymarka

Ok just for confirmation I have added a pic via phone app.

Do I need to link the tamper out on the sonder or leave it open?

I am not really worried about wiring it in to a tamper in all honesty I can’t see it would make much difference as already inside the house.

Attachments

• 980ED40B-D27D-4928-A8C4-B6DD3673A4EA.jpeg
    980ED40B-D27D-4928-A8C4-B6DD3673A4EA.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 632
It's amazing how many DiYers will compromise their security in this way, pure lazyness.

Why ony fit half of a security system?

Sorry for asking a silly question, I've only been doing this work for about 40yrs, what do I know?

(I can safely say that in all that time I have NEVER fitted a system without the tamper circuits.)

Last edited:
The rest of my system is tamper protected, the internal sounder is situated above the stairs which is un reachable other than with ladders, the wire then goes into my loft where the panel is, if someone was to break into my house the alarm would sound anyway, having a tamper on the internal sounder isn't compromising the security.

The "Professional" installer accredited to NSI fitted a 16ohm standard speaker above the keypad with no tamper and easily compromised (head height), so the DIY'er has actually improved the system and also improved security.

First of 100% agree with @jonwmm ,
My alarm has all the tampers in it should (bell box, alarm panel, pir) or better is just this speaker that I do not feel requires it in my personal situation the alarm tamper to be wired in. It is fitted internally above the stairs and would require a ladder to get to.
The way I see it if someone breaks in the alarm is going off and at that point while the burglar alarm is going off the intruder
Thinks to bring a ladder and mess around with a tamper for the internal speaker well good luck.
And if on the other hand for some unknown the reason the alarm doesn’t go off .....well I think I would have bigger problems than an internal speaker tamper being messed with.

Just to update and hopefully it may help anyone else out in my situation.
I wired the internal speaker as per my diagram back to the panel apart from the stobe output was already being used by the bell so rather than t in to that i made the set/unset output no1 (under the speaker neg) and changed it to stobe via settings. Additionally I made sure the speaker (no2 output ) was definitely set to speaker before connecting everything up. I also had to fit a 2k resistor across the speaker and 12v+ on the internal speaker it’s self (as per sheet), jumpers on speaker were let as set in my case.
Tested and working great as a normal speaker and then goes in to a higher tone/alarm when the alarm is actually triggered.

I have uploaded the information sheet I got with the speaker.

Attachments

• ADCDE02D-E032-4830-BA27-646662F279F3.jpeg
    ADCDE02D-E032-4830-BA27-646662F279F3.jpeg
    308.4 KB · Views: 376
  • EFA9B8B9-16E3-4210-9651-D6629DAB7D0A.jpeg
    EFA9B8B9-16E3-4210-9651-D6629DAB7D0A.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 218
  • 0DD471A8-88FA-43F6-B3ED-D1CD6C8FD7AD.jpeg
    0DD471A8-88FA-43F6-B3ED-D1CD6C8FD7AD.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 252
  • E3A60DEB-8277-4A03-AC55-DCA1B467ED29.jpeg
    E3A60DEB-8277-4A03-AC55-DCA1B467ED29.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 278
Would like any direction how to wire in the tamper and BA.
You started this, by asking how to wire the tamper.

The rest of my system is tamper protected, the internal sounder is situated above the stairs which is un reachable other than with ladders, the wire then goes into my loft where the panel is, if someone was to break into my house the alarm would sound anyway, having a tamper on the internal sounder isn't compromising the security.

The "Professional" installer accredited to NSI fitted a 16ohm standard speaker above the keypad with no tamper and easily compromised (head height), so the DIY'er has actually improved the system and also improved security.

I don't care what another engineer did in the past. He was/is wrong.

Of course you can do as you like and are.

Thanks.

If I was to wire the BA in to the strobe symbol input would that mean the sounder would still carry on past the bell time until the alarm was cleared.

Do you know that today strobes and sounders are to stop together? I'll let you find out how long they are allowed to operate.
It's not as long as you would like, but again you are DiY, so who cares?

Environmental Health, that's who will care if you have a long activation and someone reports you and your nuisance alarm system.

Boom, boom, have a good day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back