Geberit leaking (video)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had this cistern (123.137.11.1 - Like this one) installed for the last 15 years, it has suffered with the blistered silicon washer at the bottom of the flush mechanism which i've changed a few times. However i've just noticed a wet floor, and on further inspection I can see the outlet pipe is leaking as per the video below. I've ordered an outlet seal kit which comes with the rubber washer and retaining clip, and a new silicon washer for the flusher as it has blistered again, but I wondered how successful this fix is likely to be?

I did consider replacing the the entire unit but it's tight in there, with only a depth of 138mm to play with. I called Geberit and they only do a bottom inlet replacement, not a top left filling one so i'm a bit stuck. I did wonder about another make, but if the width of the replacement is any wider, the outlet wont be centered behind the back of the pan as the position of the inlet is fixed and would kick the cistern over.

I see flexible outlets are available, are they ok, or a bit of a bodge? It might be my only choice if the service kit fails, and I have to get a replacement – thoughts?

VIDEO LINK

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back