General Rewire

The original quote was £77,500, the final price £81,000 which included new front door and 5 windows which were originally going to be reused, a tile roofed porch, rewiring and plastic soffits & facias which weren't on the original quote. A RSJ was priced for but due to an alteration that wall was not removed.
They don't still have a breakdown of prices. This was 2015.

Sponsored Links
Have you any idea how big the extension was? Is that the normal market rate for having an extension and I wonder if it was a double story extension? That sounds like quite a lot of money to me but I'm not an expert at all and am still learning

Have you any idea how big the extension was? Is that the normal market rate for having an extension and I wonder if it was a double story extension? That sounds like quite a lot of money to me but I'm not an expert at all and am still learning
That's 2 story and basically what the did was move the side wall of the house about 3m, new block paved drive and front garden wall. It seemed like a lot of money to me at the time but I don't think it was unreasonable for the work done

Sponsored Links
That's 2 story and basically what the did was move the side wall of the house about 3m, new block paved drive and front garden wall. It seemed like a lot of money to me at the time but I don't think it was unreasonable for the work done
Also he may well have chosen one of the more expensive quotes because the builder had a good reputation. From what I've learned if builders have earned a good reputation for good quality work and are trustworthy with no dramas they can and do charge a premium especially if they're bigger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back