Rewiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am interested in purchasing a property that requires rewiring throughout. Its a two bed two reception room mid terrace property in middlesex.
Any estimates as to how mucht this would cost? thanks![/b]

Sponsored Links
£4325.56

Seriously though cant see it cant tell. Many factors to incorporate.
Get someone in to have a look

Hi, that would completely depend on what your requirements would be.

The fellas on here don't like to give prices for jobs; firstly we have no specification of what you want, secondly we haven't been to view your property so we have no idea of size, supply characterisitics, positioning of kitchen bathroom etc.

Can I suggest you get 3 sparkies to give you a quote, get reccommended sparkies from friends etc, ensure they are fully qualified/ member of niceic etc

Compare their quotes go with what you're happiest with

Good luck

Sponsored Links
http://www.whatprice.co.uk/electrician/prices.html

I would warn you that some of the prices indicated are a joke as in some too low and some too dear. There is also little detail in what was done for the money.

A full rewire will damage fabric, like wall chases, box sinking, floor lifting and general cable route making.

So you need to decide if the sparks has to do full reinstatement (to a decorating or ready to finish) or if you will be employing decorators, plasterers etc to re-finish the property after the wiring work.

Wiring could also include phones, security cables, data cabling, Tv distribution, AV and Dolby sound cabling.

Kitchen areas tend to have tiles to floor and walls, again the job becomes more involved due to having to get cables to such places. Laminate flooring is a PITA (pain in the 4rse).

I'd suggest you consider the needs of the job- how many sockets in each room, single or double light switches, CU location, bonding of gas and water pipes build a spec and get 3 x registered sparks to quote for works, length of works, materials used (MK v cheapo = 100% price difference).

What you must do is get apples for apples quotes, so you spec and they submit against the spec, thus the firms should all be quoting for the same thing.
Be as comprehensive with the spec as you can, to avoid extra charging when work is ongoing and this prevents a sour job due to the price becoming 30% more than quoted.

PPPPpP- Prior planning prevents 9i55 poor performance :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back