Genuine Champion spark plugs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a set of Champion spark plugs from flea bay, they arrived today.
The seller insists that they are genuine.
See what you think.
plugs 1.jpg

Sponsored Links
I put the marks on them just so that I could point out the errors on each plug.
i.e. Look at No1 and you'll see that the shoulder isn't stamped. It also has a little bit of swarf on the thread. Or, the printing on No4 for instance.

Sponsored Links
Just how does the seller know the plugs are genuine?

Go here and compare the image of the genuine plug to yours.

There are motor factors trading via ebay such as Parts2Clear and ACE Parts. Purchase from them and you'll get genuine goods. Parts2Clear for instance, buy filters directly from Mann UK.

Last edited:
Just how does the seller know the plugs are genuine?

Go here and compare the image of the genuine plug to yours.

There are motor factors trading via ebay such as Parts2Clear and ACE Parts. Purchase from them and you'll get genuine goods. Parts2Clear for instance, buy filters directly from Mann UK.
I would have thought that it is as plain as the nose on your face that they're not the real deal. The seller will know it, too. He gave me some cock and bull story about them being made in India so the quality is lower that I'm used to.
I'm annoyed that he's showing a picture of the genuine article then, sending a pile of sh!t and now trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

You can money back with ebay buyer protection policy I would have thought and they can penalize the seller for selling the listing as genuine which its not.

I prefer Bosch Super 4 Plus anyway.

Start a claim with ebay sending in the photos as proof of "not as described" if he's listing them as genuine and you'll get a full refund after 10 days(?)
Did they come in the correct boxes?
Is the seller a trader and does he sell lots of service items?

They are in the post, he's going to refund me when he receives them.
They are listed as genuine and he is adamant that they are.
They were in Champion boxes but, the boxes were sh!t quality and someone had cut a little section out of each box.
boxes 4.jpg

Could well be rejects. I hope you sent them as "tracked" as his next claim will be that he hasn't received them.

Never been a fan of Champion plugs, NGK all the way for me (or Denso).

Also bosch are good and long lasting in my experience.
Of course performance cars will need NGK, but at a much higher price.

I've sent them back and been refunded.
I've also reported him to Ebay who have said that they will investigate.

Sponsored Links
Back