"genuine silicone sealant"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I notice on other parts of this forum people mention "proper/genuine silicone" and NOT to use "kitchen and bathroom sealant"

I am fixing a new bath to the wall with this product

1. What is "Genuine Silicon"?
2. What brand to use? please recommend a product and retailer if you can
3. how will I know its the good product and not the other product?

I asked at local B&Q but they didnt have a clue what I was talking about.

thanks

Pete

Sponsored Links
genuine silicone sealant can be recognised by the fact the tube says

"silicone sealant" Q & b do sell it brand depends on where you get it

others state "Sealant"

the price is a give away too, as per usual quality costs

Well, I've used Wickes acrylic sealant, and I've had NO problems. What are they?

Hi Pete,

When sealing around a bath don't forget that when it is filled with water and a body the bath with naturally move. I have used bath trims and sealant which allows for movement. Also used it in the shower tray. Never had a problem. Really worth checking out their products.

Best of luck Pete,

Sponsored Links
I wonder why people like replying to posts that are five years old!

Some professional bath installers fill the bath half full of water before sealing to simulate the possible actual usage.

Tony

I wonder why people like replying to posts that are five years old!

Some professional bath installers fill the bath half full of water before sealing to simulate the possible actual usage.

Tony
Beats me; I always fill them to the overflow & leave overnight to allow for use by fat bastards :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back