Genuine spare parts vs Chinese parts for AEG Oven Cooling Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to document this; I have an AEG Competence oven, the cooling fan stopped working so I bought one on ebay. It is hard to decided which parts on ebay are "Genuine" as many are described as "genuine" or "genuine replacement" or "compatible part" ... so I thought okay I'll buy the cheapest cooling fan ... for about £17.

And installed it and then the oven made this low frequency resonating noise, it was subtle but definitely there ... and it was unpleasant to be in the kitchen with this noise. And parts of the oven were resonating with it.
Am I going mad I was wondering?

After a couple of weeks I decided to be certain about it... and I found on Amazon a Genuine Spare part that said it was from AEG, but in fact was sold by a 3rd party and then shipped from Electrolux (now merged with AEG). Very confusing and difficult to know if it was genuine, after a million emails I finally thought it might be genuine and bought it and installed it today.
Instant peace.
Yes the 2nd part does indeed make a big difference sound-wise, and the 2nd part was £42. Still on AEG's official website the same part costs £75.

I took photos of the £17 part and the £42 part side by side, they are almost identical ... impossible to tell the difference visually.

And I will upload an MP3 file (as a zip file), the first section in the MP3 has the £42 cooling fan which is smooth, and the second section has the £17 which is thumpy.

f1.jpg f2.jpg

Attachments

• overn fan 2.zip
    506.9 KB · Views: 228
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back