Genuine?

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I keep getting this appear when browsing the site.

Is it to do with DIYnot?

1668947868142.png

Sponsored Links
It's part of the DIYnot site.
The usual pointless junk that no one ever reads and everyone just clicks on to get rid of it.
Really don't know why anyone bothers to install such things.

It's part of the DIYnot site.
Ok. Thanks. Blue would make it look more genuine.

The usual pointless junk that no one ever reads and everyone just clicks on to get rid of it.
Just clicking it means you accept many suspicious organisations.

There really are a lot. You cannot be expected to unclick them all every time you log on.

1668971164423.png

Really don't know why anyone bothers to install such things.
Who has installed it?

Sponsored Links
1. Set your browser to delete all cookies on closure (it's more secure, and it prevents tracking)
2. Install an add-on to automatically accept cookie banners. Yes, it will install cookies from hundreds of companies, and they will track you on a single site for all of five minutes until you close the tab.

No annoying pop-ups, no significant loss of privacy.

I have not altered any settings yet.

I had never seen this thing until very recently - but now when browsing DIYnot on my tablet (laptop does not have it) this "privacy and transparency" banner appears and has to be clicked at every page change.

That cannot be right.

If you're clicking the "Continue with Recommended Cookies" button, and the banner is still popping up on every page, it means that your tablet is preventing the cookie with your settings from being saved.

On Chrome and Firefox (not sure about Safari), there is a button to the left of the address bar to select which cookies are blocked. You need to allow the cookie to be saved so that the site knows you have clicked the button.

Sponsored Links
Back