Genus 27 RFFI Hot Water control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Genus 27 RFFI which is currently set for continuous hot water i.e. 24h per day. I want to put this on a timer but the installation guide only refers to wiring in the room thermostat/central heating controller.

Where are the connections at the boiler end?

Sponsored Links
What do you hope to achieve by doing that?

Tony

My gas bill is nearly £2000 per year and I'm sure most people only have their hot water on for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple of hours in the evening. My system keeps the water hot 24h per day.

Is this not a combi which only provides hot water when you turn on a hot tap?

Hot water is usually just 5-10% of the gas bill.

How large is the house and how many live there?

Tony

Sponsored Links
It's not a combi, I have a hot water cylinder.

Standard four bedroom house with two people living there.

It must be a fully pumped system with that boiler so it will go off when the cylinder is up to temperature if the normal controls are fitted.

Timing it will not save anything and might cause your hot water to run out at times of high demand.

That's a high gas bill and you may need to improve the insulation and controls.

Tony

Why would I want the hot water to be fully up to temperature at 1am?

Are you saying there's no way to disable the hot water side ?

The boiler is turned off as soon as the cylinder reaches the set temperature which should be 55-60 C.

So once it reaches the set temperature the heat loss should be very low and the boiler will not run again until water is used.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back