Gerberit Dual Flush Problem - But Not Washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gerberit Dual Flush (see image attached) which is running very slightly into the pan at all times. I have changed the bottom silicon washer for a new one, but it continues to run slightly. Is there anything I can check, perhaps on the siphon?

Attachments

• 20200430_135605.jpg
    20200430_135605.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 193
Sponsored Links
There may be a seal under the flush valve to cistern that needs replacing ,or it may just need tightening up. Does the valve move on the cistern a little ?

I`m wondering if the height of water in the cistern is slightly too high or debris in the cradle where the new washer sits & seals.

Is the cistern level correct i.e inlet valve shutting off correctly?

Sponsored Links
I`m wondering if the height of water in the cistern is slightly too high or debris in the cradle where the new washer sits & seals.

I've checked for debris and cleaned the area up. How would I know if the water is too high just pumps?

Is the cistern level correct i.e inlet valve shutting off correctly?

The valve does appear to shut off and I can't detect it opening slightly from time to time to top up.

Last edited:
IIRC the gerberit overflows from the cistern by spilling over the centre of the flush valve and into the toilet bowl.

If the inlet valve is not shutting off correctly or the level is set too high the water will continue to flow and spill over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back