German 1/2" TRV body onto 15mm copper pipe ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing some unreliable ornate brass TRVs on cast iron rads, with Honeywell HR80s. I want to replace the TRV bodies at the same time (as I doubt the HR80s will fit the ornate valves in any case, and many are leaking/stuck.

However, I want brass TRV bodies rather than chrome, and I want TRV bodies compatible with the Honeywell HR80s, ideally without any adaptors. On Ebay.de, I can get Heimeier TRV bodies that are perfect, but they all seem to be listed as 1/2" over here. I know 1/2" is very close to 15mm.

Should I be ok to order these German TRVs? They look good quality, are available as body only at a good price and are in the right colour. I've searched endlessly in the uK for similar but to no avail.

Appreciate any advice!

Thanks, Simon

Sponsored Links
They are threaded valves. You'll need to adapt to copper:

520020_wpdp.jpg

Ah, I'd not realised, but can see on the pictures now. Many thanks - that probably rules out this option.

Does anyone do an unplated, good quality brass TRV body in this country at a reasonable price?

i can live with chrome plated if they are a reasonable price I guess, but of good quality.

Simon

Sponsored Links
You do realise the HR80 is best fitted onto a horizontal TRV body for the display to be visible, aren't you? Unless you know a good chiropractor. ;)

I think I've spent hours on Google you know.

Those are ornate TRVs that are around £60 each and up. Not really a viable solution for this.

I want a TRV body - body only, not an ornate valve. It's for an HR80UK programmer valve head, so paying for an ornate valve is a bit of a waste.....

I presume you mean this picture:
a9c1304dce5107e07cef16370c3a742c.jpg

That's why I suggested a chiropractor. You have to do contortions to read the screen. Or stand well back with a pair of binoculars.

How about getting chrome valves sandblasted, or use some umber paint?

Yes - that's the vertical install, but I could also install horizonally with an angled valve (at least on some of the rads). But I would probably go vertically on all, as the display will be little used apart from setup (it's not really a TV or anything) and in any case, the set point is set from the Room Unit controlling the zone, so don't really see it as an issue myself.

Sandblasting would probably be quite a faff for 16 valves and lockshields - I can live with chrome, but thought I'd ask if anyone knew of any brass finished bodies (that aren't ornate).

Thanks for the suggestion - have read the Drayton valves have some compatability issues with the HR80s - I did think the gold ones might have been ok, but MrsW thinks they are a bit too bling, and I don't think they do them in body only, so at £30 a pop, get's a bit pricey! I was hoping for around a fiver a body in an ideal world lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back