****** get mortgages.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A council in Somerset is giving gyspies interest free loans of up to 50k so that they can buy land to live on,as they are on benefits they will get help to pay off their loans.As these loans are from the tax payer i wonder what people who cant afford to buy a house because most of their income goes to pay rent and council tax will make of all this. It must must be a nice feeling to know that your council tax is being used to purchase nice rural retreats for ******.

THIS COUNTRY IS INSANE :mad: :mad:

Sponsored Links
The countrys gone mad.Things will get no better until people get of their arses,stop whinging and do something about.Its F.U.B.A.R. :(

Sponsored Links
Might borrow the in-laws caravan nipped down to Somerset and get me a nice little loan and plot of land.

Might borrow the in-laws caravan nipped down to Somerset and get me a nice little loan and plot of land.
They will turn you down because you aren't a gypsy which might make eligible for compensation for racial discrimination.

it sounds a very intelegent solution to me

by law the coucil have to provide "spaces "for travlers

how much would it cost to set up a site with all the facilities perhaps 1/2 a million i dont know
cheaper option
the council buy the land and hold the deeds
the travlers develop the facilitys they want whilst paying rent

the land value increases as improvements happen
the council and tennants both reap the rewards off the improvment

the tennants have a sense off ownership so respect the site and surrounding
eventualy the council get all there money plus some ground rent untill its paid off

it also saves on police council and court costs off chasing these people from pillar to post with the resultant mess and disruption to the kids education

possesion is 9/10ths of the law..
if you fence in a piece of waste land and no none complains for a period of time ( I think it's 10 years? ) then it's yours to keep..

it sounds a very intelegent solution to me

by law the coucil have to provide "spaces "for travlers

how much would it cost to set up a site with all the facilities perhaps 1/2 a million i dont know
cheaper option
the council buy the land and hold the deeds
the travlers develop the facilitys they want whilst paying rent

the land value increases as improvements happen
the council and tennants both reap the rewards off the improvment

the tennants have a sense off ownership so respect the site and surrounding
eventualy the council get all there money plus some ground rent untill its paid off

it also saves on police council and court costs off chasing these people from pillar to post with the resultant mess and disruption to the kids education

didn't read the OP very well then?

they are giving them loans to BUY the land.. and then paying the loan back FOR them as they are on benefits..
no mention of rent..
they would own the land and can do what they like on it. ( subject to planning etc )..

they could knock up 3 flats and live in one whilst renting / selling the other 2..

then they could decide they don't like the life style and go back on the road with their caravans for a few years and repeat the whole process..

no mention on that artical that any off the people are on benefits

it works out at around £600 per family

Sponsored Links
Back