'Get PLC' Consumer Unit and Schuba MCB's any good ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've inspected my consumer unit for branding. The unit itself says 'Get PLC' . The MCB's temselves have the make 'Schuba' written on them.

I've never heard of these makes before. Can anyone with experience of CU's comment on this manufacturer and their products. Are they good, bad or indifferent ?

Also, if I bought an RCBO from Get PLC and opened the CU myself, could I replace an MCB with an RCBO ( I have no professional expertise ) or is this a job for a qualified electrician ?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Replacing an MCB with an RCBO is not very difficult, but opening a CU can expose live parts, and if you have no knowledge or experience in this work I would advise you ask around for a recommended local electrician. First, ask him if he is a member of a self-certification scheme, and which one (you can check this) otherwise he is not suitably qualified.

If your CU was recently installed there may be a certificate and/or sticker showing the name and address of the person who installed it, who would be a good start. However, if he is not qualified, find someone who is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back