Consumer Unit Full - Fitting an RCD or RCBO

Maybe because the OPs board is discontinued and ebay is one of the few places you can get parts now?
That's true in this case, but Bernard's point is a good one. Mind, there are plenty of wholesalers selling copy products if not actual counterfeits.
Like...?

I am still trying to track a suitable match, and came across this site;

http://www.electricalcomponentsdire...1E-1PB40-B-curve-40A-RCBO-30mA--34.html#SID=2

Is this suitable? Anyone used the company before?

Sponsored Links
When things look too cheap, they probably are!

MCBs should be the same make as the original manufacturer. Otherwise the combination won't have been type tested. Some of the cheaper manufacturers test breakers (if at all) in free air, not in an assembled CU.

Fair enough, I am just trying to find anything suitable for this old CU! Price is almost irrelevant, but obviously I would like to pay the least 'possible' in this situation. I really don't want to have to renew the whole CU because I cannot find a suitable RCBO.

Would that link be suitable? There are plenty of impartial (Feefo) reviews suggesting they are OK???

Any of those wholesalers that sell the Memera2000/Memshield2 type? My Google searches are fruitless!

Sponsored Links
Space.

There is already 2 CU's and a seperate unit for the extension that was built before we bought the house...it's a bit of a hash!

Fair
Would that link be suitable?
Possibly, but I wouldn't buy a protective device that didn't have a well-recognised name on it.

Ignore the claim of 3rd-party certification - they don't state what it's certified for. CE marking is not a 3rd-party certification.

TheRev76";p="3021927 said:
Maybe because the OPs board is discontinued and ebay is one of the few places you can get parts now?
That's true in this case, but Bernard's point is a good one. Mind, there are plenty of wholesalers selling copy products if not actual counterfeits.
Like...?

quote]Like the company you linked to. Look at their contactors - dead ringers for Telemecanique, with very similar part numbers, and even giving the Telemecanique part numbers in brackets.
Look on Google Earth, the address given is a private house.

I was reminded last night of the counterefeit RCDs from an internet sales site that were nothing more than a switch. No sensor at all, the "test" button mechanically unlatched the switch so they appeared to work.

There have also been counterfeit MCBs found which were just an on-off switch. Complete with CE marking and various certification marks.

You're not instilling any confidence lads!

Any tried and tested suppliers of 'quality' copies?

I've no problem with that, it's just the finding of the correct RCBO that I lack confidence now! I'd rather know now that there are couterfeits out there than have one in the CU and cause an issue!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back