Crabtree RCBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
trying to change a 32A MCB to a 32A 30mA RCBO, to protect a ring circuit. There is space for only single width unit is the CU, the CU is split load, and for one reason or another this outlet sockets circuit is the only one that it is not on the RCD side.
Crabtree makes now only the double width unit in type B, the single width unit they have is type C only. Is there any way that I could use this type C RCBO for a domestic ring circuit?
Albert

Sponsored Links
Why not run the ring circuit cables etc through a 2 way DIN enclosure beside the CU, and mount the RCBO inside that instead?

id leave the mcb where it is

then get a seperate rcd (no need for a rcbo) put it in a 2 module din box and run 6mm twin and earth to it from the mcb

then connect your cuircuit to the load side of it

plugwash said:
id leave the mcb where it is

then get a seperate rcd (no need for a rcbo) put it in a 2 module din box and run 6mm twin and earth to it from the mcb

then connect your cuircuit to the load side of it

You mean to connect them in serial?

Sponsored Links
never heared of in serial used in a CU wiring sense

i mean like

mcb in CU---rcd in seperate enclosure---cuircuit

Albert

What happened to the brochure claim that single module RCBO's are made in Type B?

Did you contact Crabtree technical to find out?

0161 998 5454. Ask for technical for Crabtree & double check.

AFAIK, they are made.

Just looked again in catalogue. In one place it says Type C, in another, Type B.

TYPICAL!!!

never heared of in serial used in a CU wiring sense

i mean like

mcb in CU---rcd in seperate enclosure---cuircuit

Won't do much good in parallel...

I admit it was a stupid question... :oops:
What happened to the brochure claim that single module RCBO's are made in Type B?

Did you contact Crabtree technical to find out? ....

I went to Admundson and they could not find the single width type B, they called 'Electrium', and they said that they make only type C in single width, it is confusing because I found in their web site the type B...

Yeah, bl**dy stupid, I'll ring up my mate at Electrium in Wythenshawe and tell him. He'll talk to the marketing geysers who do the printed material and put it straight. Although it may take a year or two to filter through......

securespark i have heared before that wylex and voltex breakers are identical

is this true and does it also extend to crabtree breakers?

plugwash said:
securespark i have heared before that wylex and voltex breakers are identical is this true and does it also extend to crabtree breakers?

Talked today to the tech. of Crabtree, they said that the Starbreaker CU is not compatible with any other make + for this specific CU they have only type C as single width.
Albert

Plug

Wylex and Crabtree appear similar, but as to whether they fit each other's boards, I don't know. BTW, do you mean Volex?

The Wylex are also type C.

If in any doubt ring Wylex on the number I posted and ask for Ian Kenworthy. He knows Wylex inside out & back to front, and if anyone knows what's what relating to Electrium products, he will, or will be able to give you the name of someone who can.

Plug

If your Zs reading is low enough you can use the type C anyway no?

Peter

dug1001, please do not hijack old posts, this post was made in 2004

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back