get ready to start screaming at ur screens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
here goes, im taking out the airing cupboard to give a bit more room in the bathroom, but there are some wires in there
a big black wire that runs from (looks like a light switch) switch up into the loft i know this is for the immersion, some alarm wires, lighting wire, shower wire and what looks like a light switch but it just holds a fuse no actual switch (sorry dont know what its called)
the lighting and alarm wires i will recess the shower and fuse holder thing will put into the loft
my problem is the immersion switch, i know theres a live running to it a guy told me to go to the fuse box and therell be a fuse in there which says heater or immersion he said pull it out while i sort the wires out,
my question is....i went to the fuse box theres only 4 fuses in there 2x30 amps, 1x15amp and 1x5amp but theres no writing on any of the fuses to say which is which, which one should it be??
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I could tell you, but I'm afraid you sound out of your depth .I suggest you seek the services of a competant electrician

It should be the 15A one, but if there are only 4 fuses, it shouldn't take you long to work it out :p

If you are recessing cables into the wall I hope you are aware of the safe zones, and also the bathroom zones...

If you are moving the shower cable make sure it isn't in a worse place that it currently is (ie don't cover it in insulation etc.)

Find out what the fuse holder feeds, it might be feeding the immersion heater from the upstairs ring circuit.

After all that, it might be a good idea to ge an electrician in, it sounds like you are a bit out of your depth.

Sponsored Links
ideally i would like to take the shower cables out all together because the new shower we're having is going to run over a mixer tap from the bath pipes il try and get some pics sorted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back