Getting a kitchen sink waste/trap with 3 connections?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This should be an easy one for a pro.

I need to connect the washing machine, dishwasher and boiler overflow waste pipes to a kitchen sink trap. All the off the shelf traps seem to have a double connection only. How would I go about getting three in?

Cheers

Steve

Sponsored Links
McAlpine do an appliance connector with a single spigot that fits between a trap and the waste.

Are you talking about the boiler condense?
If so that should not be connected to a spigot on a sink trap

To drain 3 appliances (w machine, dish washer, boiler condense) and a sink, I would really be looking at putting a second pipe through the wall to the drain.

Did the same a few weeks ago with couple of vertical lengths of waste pipe fixed to the wall as stand pipes for w/m and d/w with a running trap. The boiler condense pipe, I just ran into the top of one of the stand pipes.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all,

Yes I am talking about the boiler condense pipe. I had the kitchen ripped out, replastered etc and the condense pipe was originally attached to the sink trap along with a washing machine. I'm now attaching these back along with a dishwasher. What's is the correct way to run the boiler condense pipe, if to the sink trap isn't strictly correct?

Cheers Steve

It is "acceptable" but not ideal if your sink trap blocks (which happens a lot with food etc) your boiler condense will fill your sink and it is corrosive.

The best solution would be washing machine up stands For each

http://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-m...tracking url&gclid=COe5o9CG77ECFVMdtAodWQIAMg

But if this is not practice I would have an upstand for the boiler alone (then it shouldn't block) and have your washing machine and dishwasher in the 2spigots on the trap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back