Getting an extra rad fitted next to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll preface this by saying I know that its not going to be possible to get an exact price without getting a plumber in to take a look...

I've just bought a 1930s semi, in decent condition no real work needed on it right now. The only thing is the house only has 5 radiators including a towel rad in the bathroom. Heating the place is a concern as the upstairs rads in the bedrooms are absolutely tiny little things.

The kitchen is at the back of the property and has no radiator at all. In historical rightmove photos I can see it used to have one before the kitchen was refitted and units added along where it used to be.

Next to the boiller in the kitchen is a large space along the wall, so my thinking was I'd just get an extra rad installed along there to help, and the pipework presumably wont even need to go through the floor as it can run straight into the stack next to it where all the pipework runs, and could tap into the existing pipework with a t junction.

It sounds like a very simple and fairly quick upgrade to do. What I'm curious to know is the rough ballpark cost I can expect for something like this.

Given theres only 5 rads in total on the system (all have tapo control on the TRV's except the towel rail) the boiler (Glow Worm Easicom 24) presumably should cope absolutely fine with this, especially as it'll be right next to it so its a very short run.

Rad wise I was thinking one of the modern looking tall ones as it would fit in pretty well with the existing kitchen design. Something like this (although very much open to suggestions if theres a better option): https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/metro-vertical-radiator-anthracite-double-panel-1600mm-high

I'll obviously get a couple of quotes but I'm in the middle of moving in so wanted to put some feelers out there to make sure my thinking of how it would work makes sense.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back