Getting ceiling level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our lounge ceiling is papered with Anaglypta and is very uneven. We have had a plasterer look at it and he suggested it would need re-boarding and skimming with plaster. We are concerned for our carpet, wallpaper and other fixtures in the lounge

Our alternative was to DIY and use some Dumaclip PVC panels and the plaster was of the opinion that this would be a cleaner and safer option

I have started to fix 30mm X 16mm battens to the ceiling but I am amazed at how irregular the ceiling is and after spending a lot of time packing behind the battens I am not confident that some irregularities will not show through the panels. I have used the panels before and know that it only takes a couple of mm to show

Should I:

1. Keep packing and make the best job that I can
2. After packing, fit cross battens to improve the levels, and fit panels in opposite direction
3. Abandon packing and call the plasterer back

TIA

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Those plastic panels remind me of the good old days when (always someone else) glued polystyrene tiles on the ceilings.

If a stippled artex finish isn't enough to hide it then it's a re-board everytime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back