getting electricity to my garage

Sponsored Links
who is insulting steve?
You, apparently. :rolleyes:

electronicsuk's point was that if you have no intention of using an electrician, we'd rather you told us to start with so we can give advice appropriately. Ban is saying you're lying to me and therefore insulting me. Whether this is true or not (and I have no intention of falling out wtih anyone here) is a different matter.

I have a 16.0mm² supply to my garage. it has plenty of capacity to run everything in my workshop including my welder. I have a 16A CEEform socket which I normally plug my welder into, as it more often than not trips the B32 protecting the general sockets when switched on from cold.

DSCN0529.jpg

:D

Sponsored Links
Looks like one of those jobbies for dealing with a plug-less flex, for people too posh to use a couple of matchsticks jammed into a socket.

No, it's supplied along with a couple of other sockets from a 3KVa tranny tucked out of the way in a corner of the workshop.

I like the idea for the tranny socket

Think i will need to do a wee drawing to plan the layout and spec it up to get prices

RF - What OPD is on the welder's ceeform outlet? C16? Does it always hold in?

Jack - ignore Banal sheds, he's a pathetic little man who attempts to make himself feel better about his lonely existence by insulting strangers anonymously.

The blue CEEforms are protected by C16 and C32 circuit breakers

I can't remember it having tripped on switching the welder on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back