Getting Electrics checked and Certified in new extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a new extension built with a new kitchen diner, bedroom and ensuite. I have fitted the new electrics, in accordance with Part P/Building regs, but have overlooked getting the first fix passed off. Idiot I know, but now I need to know what the best plan of action is? Can anyone 'in the know' advise me as to how i can legitamately proceed?

Sponsored Links
The only people who can tell you what they want are your LABC - just ask them.

When you say "I have fitted the new electrics, in accordance with Part P/Building regs", what do you mean? When you applied for Building Regulations approval what did you say would be the way you would comply with Part P?

What is your council's position on DIY electrical work?

Did they ask you to tell them when you'd done the first fix?

Well, if the OP is in West Norfolk, and he allowed himself to be railroaded into saying on his application what that document told him to say then he's probably going to have a few problems with his LABC now.

WHYDOYOUBOTHERINDEED - you might want to find out when your plasterer can make a return visit - it's quite likely that you'll be made to uncover all of the cables.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back