Getting more heat out of DIY heater.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 6 x 120 feet of PVC black pipes (3x2x120 in parallel), over my roof.
The roof is actually a tin extension that goes partly over a deck, (near the pool itself), it is a white roof.

The system is fairly straight forward, I have a T join that takes about 20% of the flow from the filter to the roof and back in the pool, (the other 80% flows normally to the pool).

The system works very well as far as I can tell, I have good pressure and the water is a good 5 to 10 degrees hotter, (obviously depending on the weather and time of day).
My pool is fairly small 3x7 metres so I am getting some 'ok' results.

But, I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get even more degrees out of this simple system.

1) Would putting a black backing under the pipes make a big difference? Currently the pipes are lying on the _white_ roof.

2) I also don't have anything over the pipe, shall I put some transparent plastic sheet over it?

3) Is it better to have the heated water come out at the bottom of the pool, middle or toward the top?

Any other suggestions that might help me get more degrees out of my water?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

FFMG

Sponsored Links
Your are on a UK based site and I doubt that there is much call for solar pool heating over here.Very common in Australia. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back