getting the correct mixer valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a house built in the 1990's, and its got an indirect cold water system with a cold water tank in the loft and a hot water cylinder on the 2nd floor.

I am looking to replace the thermostatic mixer in the en-suite on the 1st floor, as mentioned in another topic on this forum you must get the correct valve for the water system you have installed.

I presume I need one that states its suitable for gravity fed systems, is that correct?? Sorry if its a dumb qn :D

Or are ones which states "Suitable for use with high pressure systems or low pressure systems." ok too??

Also what does pressure balanced refer too?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Most new mixer showers can be used on any system with the fitting of flow restrictors etc if supplied by manufacturer for high pressure systems.

The balanced flow means that the cold supply to the mixer must be the same supply pressure as the hot. This usually means it has it's own cold supply piped directly from the cold feed tank that supplys the h/w cyl. Sometimes you may fins that an extra cold tank has been fitted in the loft for this purpose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back