Getting tiles off concrete board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I’m trying to take off the tiles in my shower and have done most , need to re plasterboard some walls now but the problem is half of a wall has concrete board under the tiles and won’t come off , what the best way of either getting the tiles off or cutting the concrete board, I can borrow an angle grinder , would that work with something tough to cut grout and concrete board
Thanks

Sponsored Links
For getting the tiles off have you tried a SDS drill in hammer only mode and a cranked tile remover?

Armeg Cranked Tile Remover for SDS.jpg

I've used the Bosch version for years. Works on a lot of stuff, although I have yet to try it on cement fibre board (which I presume is what you mean by "concrete board")

Alternatively these discs will cut cement fibre board and a lot of other abrasive materials:

Bosch Multi Material Carbide Grit Cutting Disc.jpg

Obtainable from Toolstation. I was buying them last year to cut-out ventilation duct openings in 15mm cement fibre board screwed onto 18mm OSB. Went through both in a single cut on a basic cordless angle grinder. BTW the older blades were black, not blue (in case you get old stock). They are tough, but they won't last forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
If all you have us a hammer, then everything else is a nail :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back