Getting toilet closer to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Any tips on how I can get this toilet closer to the wall (without getting a back to wall pan)? It currently sits 10cm from wall. I'm using a flexible soil pipe butvthst won't let me push it back further as the connection starts to misalign on the pan.

Thanks

20190329_154826.jpg 20190329_154813.jpg 20190329_154753.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cut the soil pipe back by the same amount

Didn't think of that, thanks. Measuring it I think I can safely take off 5cm, that should make enough difference

What's best, it's a little awkward... hacksaw?

If it's plastic then hacksaw, toolbox saw, drywall saw .... just try to cut it as straight as possible and clean the cut edges up with a bit of sandpaper.

Sponsored Links
If that's a plastic soil pipe, see if you can make that swan neck with a 110mm soil bend and a 90deg pan connector. I'd be worried about that flexi popping out again, mid flush.....

Screwfix Flush valve should be ok, check the size of the hole in your cistern as some are 40mm and some are 50mm, you need the right one to fit.

The flex pipe is in pretty tight, I tried pulling out both the soil pipe end and toilet end and it's not budging either way, I could get it out if I really forced it though m, but I think it's safe.

The previous owner had used a soil bend and 90° connector and it leaked, so was already put off by that.

Flush valve appears to be 50mm, thanks.

I’d just get a new push button, seems like a lot of messing just for a broken button, but your choice. As for getting it back to the wall, I’d go with the solid soil pipe connections, just because the previous one leaked? - might not have been installed correctly.

I’d just get a new push button, seems like a lot of messing just for a broken button, but your choice. As for getting it back to the wall, I’d go with the solid soil pipe connections, just because the previous one leaked? - might not have been installed correctly.

Thanks, will see if I can find a button to replace it with.

Might look at the soil connections too then, if I can get it closer then great.

If you get a 90° soil bend, offer it up, with the socket to connect onto the existing soil pipe, and spigot pointing up to accept the pan connector, you may get the pan back a bit further. May have to cut the soil pipe back a bit more to accommodate the bend, but just take your time. (Measure twice, cut once!) Dont forget to chamfer the cut end, and lubricate the seal in the fitting before jointing. As said above, if fitted correctly, it wont leak!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back