Off centre soil pipe

Agreed @Madrab - they're great for b2w's and for wall hung.
If fitted correctly they do the job fine... Better than a rigid that has been strained to fit and smothered with silicone... Seen plenty examples of that in bedsit land :cautious:

Sponsored Links
Using a flexi pan connector no doubt gets the DIYers out the shyte....;).....although the correct approach would be to carry out the works to a professional standard...

Using a flexi pan connector no doubt gets the DIYers out the shyte....;).....although the correct approach would be to carry out the works to a professional standard...

Got to agree GW. Flexi on a simple job like the above is a botch.

@Gaswizard + @PullerGas

Well instead of sitting there trashing other posters suggestions why doesn't one of you post a list of the correct soil fittings so that the OP can do the works to the standard you both would like?

Sponsored Links
Got to agree GW. Flexi on a simple job like the above is a botch.

Not for a DIY'er it might not be, which is a lot of why we are here is it not, to help DIY'ers?

Some may even not posses the skills to extend the normal soil pipe, no matter how exact a description they may have and then make it leak proof. If they were I guess they wouldn't be in the situation they are just now and be on a DIY forum. o_O

@Gaswizard + @PullerGas

Well instead of sitting there trashing other posters suggestions why doesn't one of you post a list of the correct soil fittings so that the OP can do the works to the standard you both would like?
Well , if the OP would be kind enough to post a picture of drain collar/spigot along with depth below finished floor level then possibly the proffesionals could submit an answer.
Finished floor level to centre of pan outlet would also be useful , not all pan outlet C/C are the same...:)
......or just chuck a flexi @ it..

Not for a DIY'er it might not be, which is a lot of why we are here is it not, to help DIY'ers?

Some may even not posses the skills to extend the normal soil pipe, no matter how exact a description they may have and then make it leak proof. If they were I guess they wouldn't be in the situation they are just now and be on a DIY forum. o_O

Well, if a DaftyDIYer doesn't have enough skill, knowledge or experience. Pay for a full qualified, time served Plumber to do it then.
The reason we charge £45/hour is because we have the skill, knowledge, experience & qualifications to do the work.

Hey Puller , seems to have gone a tad quiet???
Whenever I come across a flexi pan connector the bells start ringing.......yep as sure as shyte is shyte the install is a fookin mess...water line in pan is wayyyyy above what it should be due to branch/drain invert higher than pan outlet (usually a good 25mm)....induced/self syphonage rife...don't get me started with kitchen wastes whereby excessive waste runs are used before being trapped (double bowls) that stink within a short period of time...but hey carry on....
I remember the days whereby we fitted anti-syphon stacks ...waste runs not to exceed a certain length .....relief vents installed @ every change of direction on wet side of stack....
Industry gone to the dogs....
....so please don't insult me when advising OP to use a flexi pan con..:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Thanks GW, I believe that a number professionals already have given an answer?? That includes both re-piping and a flexible connection both which are perfectively acceptable. These types of connector were developed by professionals that are asked to consult for these manufacturers R&D depts, they wouldn't exist if they didn't have a professional application, turnover wouldn't be high enough to make it a viable product but that's another discussion.
I quite agree with you PG and in some cases that is the best approach, hence why there is our chosen occupation and where some of my repair jobs are derived from but some people may want to try and do it themselves and save that money, in today's financial situation, I don't blame them for that.
In my opinion as always, saying that to use a widely accepted method of connection is a bodge IMO is wholly incorrect, isn't being constructive nor does it help in quelling the elitist image that some professionals are sometimes seen to portray.

Well, if a DaftyDIYer doesn't have enough skill, knowledge or experience. Pay for a full qualified, time served Plumber to do it then.
The reason we charge £45/hour is because we have the skill, knowledge, experience & qualifications to do the work.

And the £45/hour covering being arrogant and condescending - or is that extra?

Presumably you're still wiping lead joints or have you started using that new-fangled copper pipe now (must go pump up my blowtorch and put the tallow back in the van ready for the morning)

Hey Madrab , are you a qualified time served plumber?? Papers?....where did you serve your apprenticeship and what college did you attend?
TIA.
...oh and the same question to Newboy.

Sorry guys I should have stated my qualifications before questioning yours....
3 years city and guilds plumbing & heating.
2 years advanced drainage and sanitation.
1 year teachers guild.
1 year advanced heating.
Willesden college of technology circ 79/86.

You appear to have missed the BSc (Hons) in parading your ego

My qualifications pre-date yours by quite a few years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back