Off centre soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest the best way to connect my toilet pan to the soil pipe when the two do not align correctly.

Toilet pan and soil pipe centres misaligned by 10cm approx
Cabinet depth is 30cm
Gap between front of cabinet and soil pipe 15cm approx

IMG_2485.JPG

Would one of these offset connectors work ?

https://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/...gclid=CLTcnavzyMwCFcO4Gwodq5IEfg#.Vy5dOVUrK00

Or could I cut the bell off the top of the soil pipe and use a flexible connector

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/...n=googlebase&gclid=CN2_tYz0yMwCFfAy0wodCFQKcQ

Any advice greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
I don't understand the bell bit ? that's a pan connector sitting there - it push fits into the soil pipe .That flexi pan connector should be ok to replace the existing connector and reach from the soil pipe to the pan
You're having a laugh right??
Flexi pan con???..give me a break..

Would you like to provide the OP with a list of rigid fittings .

Sponsored Links
I did think the pipe sticking up out of the floor was possibly a connector but as disappears under a tiled floor I didn't want to risk yanking it to see, for fear of breaking something.

Assuming then it is a pipe connector do I just pull it out and connect the flexi pipe directly into the pipe which will allow me the angle difference ?

thanks

if you can't extend the 4" up out of that hole and along to meet the spigot and you have a back to the wall/cabinet pan and you are stuck with what you have, then my choice would be to use a fixed flexi pan connector as Nige mentions. Means you can jubilee it on to the spigot and push back without risk of it disconnecting. The current connector should just pull out of the 4" pipe below.
Flexi's are fine, especially mcalpine, as long as used correctly with adequate fall, they wouldn't sell them if they didn't work.

Who did the laying out tho, that's a pretty out of whack fitting.

Nothing wrong with flexi's - how many do you think they sell :p
As long as it's not ground floor with a rat problem - even then, rigid pan conns won't fit the bill :eek:

If it's a wood floor Mac I'd cut around the vertical soil pipe & fit a standard 110mm collar. If it's concrete fit one of these into the vertical pipe at floor level;
http://www.plastics-express.co.uk/u...JigU8l_sBLDYYQx063rUaCeNozXr4-w74IaAkRI8P8HAQ

A cutting of 110mm pipe, 2 bends(90s or a 90 + 45) & a standard WC connector.
I like most good Plumbers hate flexi WC connectors, they leak & Rats love a good chew on them.
HTH

Oi!! Leave GW alone!!! What, do you enjoy duffing up OAPs??

Oi!! thanks very much PG, I like to consider myself as a good plumber (so do my customers ;)).

It may just be me then but I find that flexi's have their place especially in cases like this and the OP may not have the skills to re pipe the soil to then use a normal connector and then create other joins that could potentially leak, especially if it's back to the wall stuff where access is difficult and the cistern's in the way. I have never had an issue or a call back with a leaking flexi either, it's all down to correct fitting. In my experience rodents, if around, seem to chew on any plastic pipe, not just them. Saw on once that had been chewed out through the spigot fitting of a rigid connector, that wasn't a fun job.

That being said I will always re-pipe to use a standard connector where at all possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back