Pan connector into new soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new 4m length of soil pipe which will run through a bedroom before going through the wall to the soil stack.

Can i fit my pan connector into the wider part of the soil pipe (with seal on it) or would i need to cut this bit off so i just have the 110mm pipe ?

Going to use a 90 degree flexible pan connector.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you’re talking about the socket end, for this you need to cut, or use a small piece of soil pipe, you’ll have issues getting it to seal otherwise.

Last edited:
Or use a 'PanCon' rather than a 'Kwickfit'. PanCon's have a 110mm spigot end, will go straight into a 110mm socket. https://www.bes.co.uk/pancon-90-s-toilet-pan-connector-110mm-12720/

Bit of a fan myself as they dont restrict the outlet, my downstairs WC is fitted with a 90° PanCon, and is virtually impossible to block. Upstairs is on a Kwickfit, and have to flush at staged intervals or it'll block.

Or use a 'PanCon' rather than a 'Kwickfit'. PanCon's have a 110mm spigot end, will go straight into a 110mm socket. https://www.bes.co.uk/pancon-90-s-toilet-pan-connector-110mm-12720/

Bit of a fan myself as they dont restrict the outlet, my downstairs WC is fitted with a 90° PanCon, and is virtually impossible to block. Upstairs is on a Kwickfit, and have to flush at staged intervals or it'll block.
I wasn’t aware of such a product - makes sense though

Sponsored Links
I wasn’t aware of such a product - makes sense though
Point was proven earlier, after cleaning my daughter up after she'd made a deposit any man would be proud of, the upstairs pan blocked. Trip to the garage to get a Plunger after other tricks failed.

I used the downstairs, chucked down way more paper than I'd have ever dared put in the upstairs in one go, and downstairs cleared on the first flush. Will admit downstairs is Low Level as opposed to close coupled, but upstairs is still a decent flush, and goes straight out the wall to the stack. Does make me wonder if the less restrictive outlet helps.

Only issue with the PanCon I can see is if you need to remove/replace the Pan at any point, it would be more difficult to change the PanCon as the seal in the soil pipe socket may not be suitable to reuse.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back