gfi wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have put a light in over our shower, which I connected to the fan, and it is working, now I would like to put in a GFI receptacle and wire it to the light/ fan swiitch. In the existing box, I have one black wire and one white wire as well as a ground wire. I also have another switch box beside this one that operates a light over the vanity, it has two wires coming into it, the two white wires are marr connected together the red wire from one cable goes to the switch,the two black wires are connected to the other terminal of the switch, and it is grounded. My question is how do I wire in a GFI to protect the light/fan combination, where do I get the power source and how do I wire it.
Thanks Don

Sponsored Links
ask somewhere else, sorry but in the UK (where this forum is) you can not have a socket (receptical) in a bathroom

besides your fan is probably fed from lights and socket wont be, but could be wrong which is why i suggest you ask somewhere else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back