Ghost noises in background

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help with this problem, I visited a spooky site, can't remember what it was called, but since then there are voices on my computer (yes there really are)
Its driving me nuts as I can't locate or remove this sound file, any pointers where to look or better still, remove this annoying sound would be gratefully received.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Right,

Goto your username folder "c:\users\username" - you may need to alter your folder options to be able to view the hidden folders within there.

You need to navigate to Appdata or Application Data (cant rem what its called off the top of my head). Goto Local\Temp - Delete any files in there..

Then goto the C:\users\default\app data\local\temp - Clear anything in there.

Check what programs are running when your computer starts - Goto Run type in MSCONFIG - Navigate to Startup items - have a look for anything not related to your normal startup programs (might be called "...Appdata\Local\Temp\Hysh.exe" or something..

Failing that, download ad-aware and run a scan for it :) - And maybe a quick internet history clean?

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Sparkojon.
Will bear that information in mind, so far this morning it has not occured, but I do have the feeling it might.

Regards

Wotan

No Probs - Failing that, download Teamviewer - send me a request and ill do it for you. (when im home though).

Hello, First try just deleting your browser history and all cookies. If this does not work, delete all your temp files from the path someone posted before.

If this doesnt work, go to process manager and see if theres any strange or out of place processes running.

If you find a process that keeps appearing in task manager, go to your start menu, go to run and type "msconfig" go to your startup and see if there is a program executing from a temp file. if there is, either untick it and leave it, or follow the path and delete it.

Let me know if this helps, cheers.

Hello, First try just deleting your browser history and all cookies. If this does not work, delete all your temp files from the path someone posted before.

If this doesnt work, go to process manager and see if theres any strange or out of place processes running.

If you find a process that keeps appearing in task manager, go to your start menu, go to run and type "msconfig" go to your startup and see if there is a program executing from a temp file. if there is, either untick it and leave it, or follow the path and delete it.

Let me know if this helps, cheers.
All sorted now, deleting cookies was the answer, many thanks

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back