Ghosts and antimatter

M

Mickymoody

Ghosts are (edit) unliving legends, never caught on CCTV, but by photographs..so not entirely believable.

But recently, I lost my signet ring, looked everywhere for it, took all the furniture out of the room, placed back, a few days later, and I highlight a FEW days later, the ring was in the middle of the floor. Clearly visible.

After that, my computer chair collapsed, a bolt had sheared off. The back fell off. An extensive search didn't reveal the missing bolt.

The sheared head of the bolt was found in exactly the same place as the ring was found. In plain view. AFTER an extensive search again..?

So how can an object NOT be in plain sight, but be found IN planesight?

Both object were lost...searched for, not found, then found?

Sponsored Links
Sloping floors.

The trick to not losing a ring is to always wear it. That way if you do lose it you know exactly where it is, it's wherever you left your hand.

One good way of finding things that you've 'lost' indoors is to put one leg of a pair of tights over the hose of your hoover and go over the entire floor/furniture with it. Obviously the tights stop the object being sucked up the hose :)

Sponsored Links
if i lose anything it ends up under the bed.
that is where the ferrets hide things

I have noticed this phenomena too, you lose something, then after an extensive search, it turns up in the place you first looked, if it was there all the time, why was it not discovered the first time you looked?

Wotan

serves you right for wearing such a ring in the first place. ghastly things.

Perhaps you're putting a bit of weight on.... Podgy fingers forcing the ring off, bolt shearing under the strain, floor sloping into the area of the chair, therefore all 'lost things' roll into the one area....?

You would know it's a ghost as the items would have been covered in Ectoplasm.
Egon Spengler told me that.

put one leg of a pair of tights over the hose of your hoover and go over the entire floor/furniture with it. Obviously the tights stop the object being sucked up the hose :)

Should he be told NOT to be wearing the tights at the time. ??? :LOL: ;)

I'm gonna say some serious things now, and I might add some wind up bits. You'll have to decide for yourselves which is which.

Many, many years ago I had a horrible experience which lasted, perhaps less tha a week.
I would put things down, like tools at work, and when I went to pick them up, they weren't there, not where I put/left them. It was a frightening experience. This experience went on for days.
During this time I couldn't wait to get into the pub and down a few beers, to forget, make things more bearable, bring back normality, who knows?

Apparently these experinces can happen due to changes in people's circumstances, lifestyles, etc.

Fortunately, within a week, I was out of that state of 'strange experiences' and normality was restored, or so I like to think.
The only person I confided in was an old lady, with whom I worked. All she said was, "hang on in there". Maybe that was all that was needed.

I think I was mid-twenties or so. Perhaps MM is going through on of those phases in his life. But, hey, judging by his 'worldy' experience of everything, no way is he mid-twenties.

Just for MM I've put some typo's in here for amusement.

Perhaps you're putting a bit of weight on.... Podgy fingers forcing the ring off, bolt shearing under the strain, floor sloping into the area of the chair, therefore all 'lost things' roll into the one area....?

No actually lost weight, and I have a habit of taking my rings off, and playing with them, hence why they got lost, my gold ring, that I got for my 21st birthday, is the one recently lost, worn on 3rd finger left hand, and my silver ring 3rd finger right hand (still lost - but know where to look now!), the gold ring could pass through the middle of the silver ring, how strange? The gold ring is deformed, due to driving, and being a softer metal.

I live in an old house, and when laying laminate flooring, it was like 3 inches different on the floor level, and tiling the kitchen floor, chunks of the floor had to be hacked off, due to the unevenness, but I don't think things will roll off on carpet, in the bedroom.

I can't understand though, why doing a search, then items turn up in an obvious place? They obviously weren't there on the search, so how did they move? Spooky!

I'm gonna say some serious things now, and I might add some wind up bits. You'll have to decide for yourselves which is which.

Many, many years ago I had a horrible experience which lasted, perhaps less tha a week.
I would put things down, like tools at work, and when I went to pick them up, they weren't there, not where I put/left them. It was a frightening experience. This experience went on for days.
During this time I couldn't wait to get into the pub and down a few beers, to forget, make things more bearable, bring back normality, who knows?

Apparently these experinces can happen due to changes in people's circumstances, lifestyles, etc.

Fortunately, within a week, I was out of that state of 'strange experiences' and normality was restored, or so I like to think.
The only person I confided in was an old lady, with whom I worked. All she said was, "hang on in there". Maybe that was all that was needed.

I think I was mid-twenties or so. Perhaps MM is going through on of those phases in his life. But, hey, judging by his 'worldy' experience of everything, no way is he mid-twenties.

Just for MM I've put some typo's in here for amusement.

Why flame another post? You never lost anything? Your allusions are not required, your posturing, unnecessary. If you have nothing to add, don't post it. Quote Latin again, as it just shows what an idiot you are to flame a thread.

Was my post 'flaming'? Or was it meant to be helpful, in my own peculiar way?

"Have I ever lost anything?" Do you really want to know, even if I was prepared to tell you?

Actually, my allusions were meant to be helpful. You just can't see it, perhaps due to your aggression.

I wasn't posturing, see above.

I thought I had something to add, even if you don't like what I've added.

Quoting Latin does not ipso facto make a poster an idiot.

Sponsored Links
Back