glass atrium cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We’ve got this glass atrium in our house roof. Its nice cos it lets the sun into the hall. Although it is supposed to be self cleaning, its getting really grubby so ive been trying to get someone to come and clean it. It would probably mean getting a ladder up to the roof and another on the roof to the very top. Its a detached 2 storey house and you cant actually see the atrium from ground level as it is recessed in the top of the roof.
Nobody wants to come and do it cos of health and safety. One guy just replied to me that what i am suggesting is completely out the question and regulations no longer allow this practice and the only way to get it done would be to build scaffolding which would be at least £1500. Is this true? Does anyone have any other suggestions? I have half a mind to go up in the attic and cut a hole in the roof and climb out!! Seriously, If anyone knows any one in Essex that could clean it for me at a reasonale rate, could you please let me know. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I know your in essex and im in derby but here we have window cleaners who use the pole system, they even bring their own ionised water which doesnt streak, just dries crystal clear, surely you must have window cleaners down sarf that use poles and not ladders

Yes there are some but I cant see how they would be able to use those as the atrium is recessed in the roof top and you cannot see it at all from ground level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back