Glass roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to have a glass roof with a UV filter over my extension. One builder offered to do it whilst another said that it will be difficult to seal and sort out the lead flushing etc. leading to leaks and problem with condensation. The builder suggested to build a roof structure and to install the glass roof in it. It's going to look like a rood with most of it made of glass like a huge skylight. But I really want the clean look of a glass roof. Can anyone propose a solution?

Sponsored Links
Its not that difficult, really its glorified conservatory roof and they don't leak

Really though and this bit should not be skimped on when its something a bit out of the ordinary and that's that you should be getting a good set of working drawings prepared.

It will be very difficult (technically) to correct it if it is not done right in the first place. Same goes for the junctions at the verges, eaves etc.

Its not that difficult, really its glorified conservatory roof and they don't leak

Really though and this bit should not be skimped on when its something a bit out of the ordinary and that's that you should be getting a good set of working drawings prepared.

It will be very difficult (technically) to correct it if it is not done right in the first place. Same goes for the junctions at the verges, eaves etc.
Thanks mate! Really! :p

Sponsored Links
Have a talk with some local double glazing company's about glass roofs, They will have fitted hundreds and know the different makes.

Also it is worth googling roof lanterns and looking at some pictures as they can look really smart, There is also less heat loss and less glare from the sun.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back