Glass Inserts for Front Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We are looking for a quick and simple way to add a lot more light to our hallway. One way would be to have glass panels in the front door. Obviously, replacing the front door is a big investment but we’ve seen several videos (US based) of quick and simple and fairly cheap conversions done by a company called Zabitat.
I just wondered if anyone knew if there was any UK based equivalent as it seems a really quick, easy and cost effective way to transform things!

Thanks
Mark

Sponsored Links
It depends on the exact type of door, but in a 4-panel solid hardwood door for example the job could be done by a competent joiner (or for that matter a competent DIYer). Never heard of anyone in the UK specifically offering that service as a specific product, though (and can't see that there would be a big market TBH).

The door in the link is a composite door and you can see the white beading around the edges known as a cassette, what type of door do you have?

Sponsored Links
As above, what type of door do you have?
If uPVC, the door panel/s can often be replaced:

...and is it just me, but I much prefer the 'before' images to the 'after' ones, in the Zabitat link! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back